2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces white candy coating “candy melts”, coarsely chopped (or white chocolate chips)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with 1 cup sweetened condensed milk on low heat. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla extract. Spread half into a waxed paper-lined 8-in. square pan; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook and stir candy coating ‘candy melts” with remaining sweetened condensed milk until coating is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring. Spread over bottom layer; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
Warm remaining chocolate mixture if necessary; spread over mint layer. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan; cut into 1-in. squares.
Source: Taste of Home